Home » FORMAL LETTER OF INTRODUCTION

FORMAL LETTER OF INTRODUCTION

Here I will be attaching my formal letter of introduction. This was one of my first writing assignments for this class. This essay helped me with the course learning outcome of developing strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing. This is because it was one of the first essays I had to do and it helped me get an idea of how I needed to draft my essays for the next few.

Gisela Hernandez

160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY, 10031

September 2, 2021

Dear Ms. Crystal Rodwell,

Hello my name is Gisela Hernandez. I was born and raised in New York City. I am the first one in my family to go to college. I am figuring things out on my own but I am really lucky to have support from my high school teachers. In my free time I enjoy watching movies, going out with friends, and crocheting. I recently learned how to crochet over quarantine and I have gotten better with practice. Also, I bought knitting needles to start learning how to knit. However, it is somewhat difficult. In this letter I will be telling you more about myself and my future goals.

I am currently a biology major. When I was in high school I enjoyed learning about cells, the way the human body functions, and about nature. I wanted to continue learning about this in college. My goal is to explore the different careers and opportunities there are in the STEM field. I plan to apply for internships in the near future to get experience while learning. After I graduate college I want to start working but continuing to learn. I will continue to read books and challenge myself. I will work for a few years and plan to obtain my masters degree.

I chose to take this FIQWS class because when I was reading the description I was interested to learn more about assistive technologies and how it affects people’s lives. I believed it was important to learn about this so that I can be informed. In addition to this class I am taking Algebra and Trigonometry and Introduction to the Visual Arts. I am looking forward to taking in-person classes next semester since all my classes are currently online. 

I am really excited to start my college journey. I am excited to join clubs and get to know people with similar interests. I am also looking forward to spending time on CCNY’s beautiful campus. However, I am nervous about not doing well in my classes. I am also nervous about feeling unmotivated. 

In the end, during my time in CCNY I expect to figure out what I will want to do career wise. I know that CCNY will provide me with many opportunities. I will try my best to pass my classes this semester and all the semesters to come.

Sincerely, 

Gisela Hernandez